Sunday, September 30, 2012

COACHES SHARE RESPONSES: WHO INFLUENCED YOU?

Thank you Coach B for taking the time to share and honor a coach that influenced you.  Your input helps us all.  We welcome ALL  coaches  to help with the share each week.  Check back next Saturday for our question.


This week's Coaches Share question:  Here is your chance to honor a coach you had during your playing career.  Who influenced you in a positive way? How was that coach able to make that positive impact on you? 

"My high school coach is a guy who taught me many things other than how to play basketball.  Sure, he had a good basketball mind, and he was successful throughout his career.  Coach retired five years ago after 30 years of service to our profession.  When I go back home and see him, I still call him "Coach" even though we are now both adults.  I still respect this man and he will always be 'Coach' to me.  One of the greatest things he taught me was to be a good teammate.  He was always reminding us that a season can survive without any one player, but the season cannot survive without a team.  We knew we were a part of something bigger than ourselves.  I try to do the same with my players every year.  Thanks Coach!"
~Coach B (IL)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think.