To keep moving forward, after the completion of your season, coaches should consider the following:
1. Keep things in perspective. Whether your team won 30 games, or finished in last place, remember the big picture.
- How much progress did your team make during the season?
- Did your team follow and live by the core values of your program?
- Did your players enjoy the experience?
- In twenty years do you think your players will say they are glad they were part of this team?
2. Even though the season has ended your job as a coach has not ended.
- What message/theme do you want to have for your post-season meeting with your team?
- Have your planned your team banquet?
- Will you have exit meetings with each of your players?
- What kind of off-season opportunities have you planned for your players?
- Strength Training
- Leagues and/or tournaments
- What teams do you want to add/delete to next year's schedule?
- Will you be making an changes or additions to your coaching staff?
- Are there any style of play changes you need to make with the personnel you have coming back next season?